I’m sure you have heard how important exercise is. A. Million. Times.Before. But have you made exercise a regular part of your life yet? Here’s the deal…lets change the title and just call it ‘Movement’. That sounds better doesn’t it?! Your body is meant to move. You have these intricate, specially designed muscles that are meant to bend, twist, squat, lunge, push and pull. Like any machine that goes unused, your body will start to get jammed up. Everyday should include some sort of movement. The degrees of intensity will vary depending on your energy, how well you slept, your mental state, and your goals. But the movement part?Thats a non-negotiable! Look at your movement like you would a savings account. Every. Single. Deposit. Counts!! Some are small like a $5 random refund check you received and some are large like a sweet tax return. But they all count. Movement is the same way. If you’re feeling under the weather, maybe you just need some stretches and foam rolling. If you’re overly stressed maybe you need a solid run or a kick butt, breathless workout. You get to listen to your body and choose. You’re the boss! Here are some straight forward benefits in case you need a little more convincing.
- You will glow! No amount of makeup can mimic that post workout, rosy cheeked, warm glow you rock all day after a sweat session.
- You will boost your confidence! No outfit is complete without confidence and this one can’t be faked.
- Your heart will be stronger.
- You will make your bones stronger and decrease your chance of Osteoporosis.
- You will burn more calories at rest. A person who works out has more lean muscle mass and muscle burns more calories at rest.
- You will be happier! Exercise boosts serotonin production and serotonin makes you feel happy!
- You will increase your arousal. You’re welcome.
- You will handle stress better. People who exercise are more focused and can solve problems more efficiently.
- You will have better skin. Exercise increases blood flow (cue rose cheeks mentioned above)
- You will have better control of your weight. Exercise is an appetite suppressant. Peace out stress eating.
- You will decrease your risk of certain cancers.
- Your fat cells will shrink. Fat cells don’t disappear, bummer. However, fat cells do shrink and exercise is the magic potion.
- You will maintain a lower weight.
- You will reduce your risk of disease like Diabetes, Heart Disease, and High Blood Pressure.
- You will be glad you did it!
“The only workout you will regret is the one you didn’t do!”